2.15.2013

I've gotta crow...

I am thrilled...so don't mind me as I crow a little bit...
 
I have my first byline in a national publication...in the past I have had articles written about me or my work...and photographs taken by others to accompany said article...but this time, the byline is all mine - words and pictures...
 











It started back in September 2012 when WhisperWood Cottage was hosting a month long link-up on Organizing Solutions...with 6 winners choosen to be featured in Cottages and Bungalows magazine...

I entered my wire baskets made from hardware cloth...and was selected as one of the winners.  When I was contacted by the magazine editor, she mentioned that she wanted to do a little bit larger feature on my project...

On Tuesday, the April issue finally hit the stands...






































and on pages 19-20, is my article...with my photographs and my words...here's a teaser...






































A true confession here...I've been working on honing my photography skills over the last year...without a fancy camera...using my Canon point and shoot...so the affirmation that my photos were good enough to be published is a great boost for me...

I have to thank Amy at WhisperWood Cottage for her support...and Jicki Torres, editor at Cottages and Bungalows who decided to shine a little spotlight on me...

ok...crowing over...now to get back to work...

23 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it, Amy! SO FUN! A BIG Congratulations...you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos!
    that is terrific! and very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again!! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! and I have really been meaning to try my hand at one of your awesome boxes, so glad I saw this again!
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to get the magazine. You have LOTS to CROW about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to fetch my copy of the magazine now! You are so amazing and talented. I'm pleased for you and lucky to say "I know her!" Will toast to you with a glass of red tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jane Ann...and I especially like the toast of red wine!

      Delete
  7. Sorry. Me again. Can't figure out how to post a comment. The above "anonymous is me: Jane Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, congratulations! How fabulous! I'm thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome Amy!! I'm glad you're proud; you should be. It is kind of amazing what we get ourselves into. You create the very cool basket, then you have to photograph it, then you have to use your writing skills to tell how you made it. And for it to all come together in a magazine. Wow! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you, Amy! You deserve to crow a bit here and maybe from a rooftop somewhere too. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go, Amy! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations....what a wonderful job! Your art work and photography are definitely magazine worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations amy, i love your photos and all of your collections. don't worry about a fancy camera. i was a photography major and for a while bought into the idea that i needed bigger and better cameras. but NOW i believe that if you have a good lens on your point and shoot, and have a good eye (which you do) you can take photos that are just as merit worthy as the best of them.
    keep up the good work. well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. barbara - I'm so glad to hear you say that a bigger camera is not necessary - I like having a smaller camera that is easier to stick in my pocket or bag...just learning how to shoot effectively in manual has been big...thanks for your kind words...

      Delete
  14. Amy Duncan YOU ROCK! This is fabulous....congratulations and hurray for you! It's high time more of the world knows about your talent and style. Rushing out to get my copy today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Amy, how very wonderful for you!!! So exciting! To be in print, with your own wonderful words and photos. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emilou...it was exciting to see it all in print!

      Delete
  16. Hats off to you! Hats thrown into the air to celebrate you! A byline is a marvelous thing! (Well deserved.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amy,
    I just bought the magazine tonight and was flipping through when I came across your project. I loved the project and looked to see who made it......so happy to see it was you!! Congratulations, you deserve it!!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails