2.05.2013

I have a thing...about string

Yes...I have a thing about string...I don't know what it is...
the  texture of the fiber...the symmetry of the wrapped roll...the practicality of its use...


























































My friend Sue gave me this black and white string as part of my christmas present...it was in "the box" that we pass back and forth each year, filled with special delights for the recipient...as I opened the box, I appreciated the french hand creme and the charming hedgehog eraser...but I swooned over the string...onlookers thought I was nuts...but Sue knew...a sign of a true friend!

There is something so simple...so sublime about it...and since I abhor using a glue gun, most of the found objects that I incorporate into my vintage collages are either screwed into the collage base...or tied on in some manner...often with string...so I need a variety of choices...one needs options...

The prompt for Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday was "pop of color"...I knew that the amaryllis Sue gave me for christmas would bloom soon...
edited with kk texture minus45, soft light at 48% opacity








































(an aside...I am not a plant person...Sue told me when she gave the pot to me not to water it...so I didn't...what she meant was not to water it immediately since the soil was plenty moist when she gave it to me...when I mentioned to her that the shoot had only grown an inch or two in the weeks since, she asked if I had watered it...oh...that made a difference...now I have a beautiful red flower for valentine's day...)


The ball of red string is my other "pop of color"...a small remainder of vintage postal twine...I'm hording it...
edited with kk texture minus45 overlay at 50% opacity


worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails