2.12.2013

Creativity unleashed

Early in January, I had a eureka moment...As I was reading Cate Prato on the ClothPaperScissors blog describing having a Valentine party...I thought what a brilliant idea...so right then & there, I began my planning...






And on Saturday, I had a Valentine Art Party with 10 of my friends, all of whom are quite talented, creative and inspiring...

My other motivation for hosting a party was that I realized I have a ton of art supplies...and having an art party is a good way to use up a bunch of stuff and send it out the door with good souls...










Gathering up the supplies...






































and turning my living room into the supply station...



























Setting up the work tables in the dining room...and providing the necessary tools.  I added ambiance with paper hearts cut from scrap paper, stitched together into streamers and hung from the dining room light.  I also made a folder for each friend...a kraft paper folder was stitched up on one side to form a pocket to hold valentines securely on the way home and a name tag, made from chalk paint applied to a piece of paper packing tape, was the finishing touch...






































Of course no party would be complete without treats...including chocolate fudge brownies. 
My weary amaryllis was in full bloom for the day...
Once everyone arrived, there was a flurry of activity and plenty of creative buzz...
I love to see what bubbles up from the creativity pool when a diverse group of individuals are presented with the same supplies...
Shelley of From the Alley to the Gallery made a bracelet while Kate of Full Circle Studio made a beeline for the vintage photos...Jody of Latitude Studios took the cover off one of the books I had supplied...I was thinking people would want to use the vintage pages...never occurred to me that someone would use the book cover for the foundation of their valentine...Stacie of Bailey's Bliss brought along a couple of blank canvases...which were quickly transformed with layers of paper and paint...
and in the end...many interpretations...but all special valentines...
 
We had so much fun we're thinking of meeting up on a regular basis...
to create...to support...to encourage...to enjoy...and isn't that what art is all about...


 

my heart photo was edited with kk texture edith at multiply 30% opacity...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails