8.10.2011

Thoughtfulness

My young friend Anna returned from her semester abroad in Perth, Australia in late June...I finally had a chance to catch up with her (and her mom, my friend Sue) last week...sharing her photos and more details of her excursions...I highlighted her blog back in February - it was her journal of her life down under...truly, I learned more about Australia than I ever knew from reading her blog!

She brought me two presents - a vintage book on Australian gardening and a large shell from the beach...
The book is wonderful with its gorgeous type, beautiful illustrations and well-worn pages...
but it was the shell I swooned over...
I believe it is a conch shell...the colors & hues are exquisite...I tried to capture the detail but the photos don't do it justice.  I have known Anna all of her life and obviously I have made an impression...she brought me back the perfect present...it has a place of pride among my vintage clocks, old books and gnarled twig balls.  Proof positive that the best gifts can not be bought...they are from the heart.

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails