8.05.2011

Glorious summer



Summer has finally arrived in the Pacific NW...I know that we have been the envy of the country with our cool weather...but I wanted to shed my sweater and wear a sleeveless t-shirt at least once...finally I got my wish.  I travelled over to Whidbey Island Thursday...the ferry ride was perfect - sparkling blue water, crisp sea air, outline of snow-topped mountains in the distance...when the weather turns nice here, it truly is glorious!





My trip to Whidbey Island was two-fold - lunch with my favorite artist friend Wendy Lee Lynds
and a stop at Farmhouse Flowers in Langley.
Tracy Taylor Huffman, owner and floral designer extraordinaire, has this charming shop in downtown Langley.  A large part of Tracy's  business is wedding planning - not only the flowers but the entire look and feel.  This jumbled display showcases some of the goods you can rent to give your wedding that vintage vibe...
In addition to lovely flowers and wonderful wedding ideas, Tracy has an eclectic mix of home decor, gift ideas, cards & stationery and art...I have three original multi-media collage pieces on consignment there as well as a healthy assortment of my greeting cards for sale.

Just a teaser of what you will find...
Across the street from Farmhouse Flowers is the Good Cheer Thrift Store...of course I just had to pop in...
and my finds certainly did leave me in good cheer...
Hoping your weekend is filled with good cheer...and fine treasures...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails