8.12.2011

Fresh Paint Preview

If you live anywhere in the Puget Sound area, you really should mark Fresh Paint Art Festival on your calendar...its a wonderful outdoor art show at the Everett Marina...Saturday & Sunday, August 20 & 21 from 10 am to 5 pm each day.  This is my third year at this show...what I love about it is the interaction with the public...each artist must demonstrate some aspect of their work as a condition of being in the show.  I sponsor a "Make Your Own Collage" table where individuals can make mini-collages with cardboard, scrap paper and glue...demonstrating that it doesn't take fancy supplies, expensive tools or an art background to be creative - you just have to jump in and do it!

Starting today, I'll be previewing some of the new work I will have at my booth...I'm at Booth 13 along the marina promenade...stop by and say hello...and make a collage!
"Voyage to Italy"   2011







































My inspiration for these collages was a huge boxful of old photos from a friend of the Southern Man...she thought they were family photos, but she recognizes no one in any of the pics...so she gave them to me, thinking I could make use of them...
"La Bonne Vie"  2011

As I mentioned, I'll be posting new work up until the show on Saturday August 20.  If you can't make it to the show and see something you must have, email me - we'll work something out!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails