9.19.2011

Some want diamonds...others, rust











I had a chance over the weekend to sort & clean my finds from my Yakima trip.  Some will end up in my space at Faded Elegance...some will be fodder for future art projects...some will stay at home with me...










I collect black croquet balls...just the black ones...this beauty is my newest addition...
adore the pewter bowl too...well-loved with great patina...it will be at Faded Elegance as part of my October/November vignette...























The metal trowels with their wood handles make handsome photo holders.  I always carry a magnet with me when I'm junking to check out whether or not found metal is steel (magnet will stick) or aluminum (magnet will not stick)...whether or not a magnet sticks often dictates how it will be used.  The fabric button magnets are a quick and easy project...find details on how to make them here.
Old tools, of any kind, fascinate me...especially anything connected with measuring.  The wood handled awl is going into the container with my other art tools...the wood feels so comfortable in my hand...
And then there's this honey of a tool...the Southern Man bought this for me at one of the estate sales we were at...he told me, "You need this."  He was oh so right...
Linking up to Mosaic Monday at Little Red House...stop by to see all the other mosaic wonders...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails