9.05.2011

In due time

in due time - 2011

I've been trying very hard to clean out the stuff in my basements...yes, that is plural...I have a rental house behind me where I also store junk...this is the hazard of not having a garage!

I have no shortage of items that fall into the category "someday I will find the perfect use for this..." 
Maybe its time or maybe its my patience...I'm tired of steel/big/heavy/clumsy stuff...I want to deal with paper/canvas/small/packable stuff.

But over the weekend, I had a Eureka Moment...




metal table base from a local restaurant going out of business...removed the original table top...it was press-board and had an unbelievable amount of dried bubble-gum on the underneath side...I would guess I've had this base easily for seven years.














weathered wood box...from a junking excursion at a defunct farm in Oregon...this is solid wood...it weighs a ton...I've probably have held onto this box for over five years...









Why not marry the two together...after a few measurements and 6 stout screws...it is a blessed union!
I love that the heft and rust of the base is matched by the weight and weathered grain of the top...I feel transported to an Italian bistro, dining alfresco with this table sitting on my patio...
I'm linking up to Mosaic Monday over at Little Red House...I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a blast of inspiration over the weekend...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails