9.21.2011

One good picture deserves another...and another...

Seth Apter has sparked a stack revolution...or rather a picture-taking stack revolution...
let me explain...

Seth Apter of The Altered Page posted a picture a couple of weeks ago of a stack of paper in his art studio...the textures and colors were so interesting and fascinating...another blogger suggested that we should all take photos of the stacks in our studios and share them...and so was born the idea for today's post...I am participating in the Stack Sharing Project that's going on over at The Altered Page.  The idea was to take photos of the stacks you have and post them on your blog - and then link up over at The Altered Page where over 80 (!) artists are participating....without further delay....my stacks...




I grabbed my camera and before I could even make it to my studio, I noticed the stack of newspapers on the kitchen table...we're a newspaper reading family here - two papers a day...they stack up quickly...
Recently I've been working on a series of collages that use book covers as the base...
so I have alot of books without covers stacking up...
and here are a stack of covers waiting for their turn...
This stack of covers is from a 1908 set of encyclopedias that survived a fire...
I'm making journals out of them...find a tutorial on my journal-making process here.
I use a lot of books in my work...for the base layer of a collage, for an interesting image to transfer, for a memorable snippet of words to inspire ...so I need a big inventory to draw from...













As you can see...I have books stacked everywhere...
As I climbed the stairs up from my basement studio to my office, there's more stacks...
and to round out the photo montage...a stack pic taken with my new smartphone...
Thanks to Seth for hosting such a great link-up...now get over there and check out all the other stacks!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails