9.15.2011

Authentic style, part 3

Over at WhisperWood Cottage, Amy is continuing her series on Authentic Style.  She has been highlighting some fantastic individuals who demonstrate authentic style in their home...taking design elements (vintage, rustic, classic, modern, etc) and making it all their own. 

Other bloggers are invited to share what their style is...I've been playing along...
you can read Part 1 and Part 2...now on to Part 3: Personality on the Wall...

What you display in your home I think says a lot about you...I figure that I look at the walls of my home everyday...I want it to be interesting and inspiring.  Incorporating salvage elements is an important part and defines my authentic style...

I spend a lot of time in my upstairs studio/office...I have two large inspiration boards tucked into a nook...my work table is directly in front of them...






































These two boards showcase vintage and found images that I never tire of looking at...
Upstairs in our bedroom, there's a comfy chair for reading...behind the chair hangs two art pieces.  I wanted to tie the two pieces together to give it a more unified look...the rusted refrigerator coil mounted on the wall gives texture and interest...when I rescued it from a junk heap that my neighbor was hauling away, he thought I was nuts...not the first time someone has thought that...
I think its important that what hangs on your wall is significant to you...the original watercolor was purchased from a street artist in Florence when my sister and I visited Italy...the set of vintage keys are from a visit to my parents many years ago...
I utilized this same idea of a rusty framework to give more presence to a postcard print in our guest bath...I love using those ubiquitous brass metal frames to hang small artwork...leave the frames outside for awhile, they develop a lovely patina...the picture hangs from a piece of jute twine looped around the metal wire...
The master bath has a touch of salvage too...the wooden shelf is a pine box turned upside down and mounted to the wall...
the old wood, the twine ball and the vintage elements complement the favorite photograph perfectly...
that's the end of the tour...but there are more authentic styles over at WhisperWood Cottage...be sure to check it out...and let me know...what's your authentic style?

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails