9.26.2014

organic...

organic...free flowing...with no restrictions...graceful...neither harsh nor rigid...

the prompt last week in my bestill52 class was organic...what did it mean to each of us...

the descriptive words flowed easily...but no mind's eye image was immediately present...
until we took Calvin to the dog park...and there was a patch of spent dandelions blowing in the breeze...

I had the Southern Man carefully hold a few dandelions as I drove all of us home...hoping they would stay intact...just long enough...

no time to arrange for perfect lighting or contemplate a setting...just shoot...
































































































Captured in a moment's notice...soon afterward, the stems dip and the seeds take flight...







































by the end of the evening...gone...now just a file on my computer...
but still inspiring me to express the feel of organic...



































linking up to kim klassen's Friday Finds...where my find is this moment in nature...fleeting but beautiful...
what others would consider a weed, I think of as a wonder...

20 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! I love how you shot these- the results are beautiful. That last one - gorgeous! I really like how it looks as it is falling apart, the short-lived beauty- just magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These images are so beautiful and perfectly captures the fleeting moments in the life of these dandelions. The texture work on that last image is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best kind of organic! Love all your shots and dandelions are one of my favorites! I am a weed girl, not a flower girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dandelions are one of my favorites! You captured them perfectly, love the seeds dropping away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots from begin untill the end of the dandelions ! love the " floating " seeds
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful each one, especially love the next to last one with organic wording. So cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!! Dandelion seed heads are one of my favorite subjects...nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Your images take my breath away! Yes, even "weeds". Weeds are only wildflowers to me. Love them just as much!
    Visiting from Friday Finds: http://cherylmccainphotography.com/how-i-shot-my-squash/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ! I love them all !

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so delicate and beautiful - I can't pick a favorite - all so perfect. Popped on to a site that attended one of your art parties. i was jealous : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, Dandelions are so photogenic and I love your edits so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I love most about your dandelion photos is the way the images represent the flowers as sculpture - all shape and form, lines and curves. And you managed to convey a sense of motion as the seeds fell away - something like the frailty of life. Love the simple and profound.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful and serene images!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spectacular photos! You just have to love the tenacity of dandelions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful images - alive, but a little sad too. But I like how you captured the details and let the viewer interpret those images. You captured the moment perfectly. Thank you for sharing.

    Big hug
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. The simplicity of these are fantastic. Adore the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Exquisite Amy! Just Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Total success all around! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are 'wonder'ful and you've made them even better. I'd even spring for a print of that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful!! I can just imagine your sweet husband holding those flowers in the car. AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails