9.04.2014

Layer it on

As the seasons change, I like my surroundings to reflect the current mood...so with summer waving goodbye and autumn knocking at the door, its time to put away the seashells and white slipcovers...change it up a little bit...maybe some fall leaves...old books...anything rusty...








Need some help in setting a tone?  I have just the thing...
the latest issue of American Farmhouse Style has hit the newsstands...and in it you will find "5 Steps to Creating a Seasonal Vignette", a simple guide written/photographed by me.  










Using what you already have, I give a simple outline for changing your seasonal decor...for whatever suits your style. 
I firmly believe that your home should reflect who you are and provide a place of comfort and solace...how better than to be surrounded with the things you love.









































































And of course there are other wonderful articles - from dining alfresco during the fall season to a gorgeous yellow kitchen that I just love...

Come on in autumn...make yourself comfortable...I definitely want to enjoy you before winter makes its appearance...

6 comments:

  1. Many congratulations on being featured in American Farmhouse!! I'm not sure we get it here, but I'll be keeping an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great article and gave me tons of great ideas. I got briefly sidetracked by another one of your posts. As always great ideas Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being published, dear Amy! I'm so happy for you :). Your fall vignettes are beautiful. I'm over my "neutrals only" phase and love to use some color again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, Congratulations! I will definitely look for your article and sing your praises. I always love your style and creative ideas. As photographers, we tend to love props and junk and recycled and re-purposed treasures. But, I sometimes feel overwhelmed by my stuff (maybe it's my age - 54!). So, I've been clearing and cleaning and de-cluttering - it's been hard to part with some of my stuff, but it seems the stuff was starting to weigh me down. So, I really love your focus of decorating using what I already have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome, Amy! I can't wait to see it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'll look for it at Barnes & Noble.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails