10.31.2013

Pushing the boundaries

Happy Halloween to All!



































Today is the culmination of a month-long creative frenzy that I've been enjoying with two other artists, David Hayes and Marlynn Likens.  Every October they have a photo challenge for Halloween...daring each other for the spookiest/scariest/creepiest altered photo, using a designated icon as the center figure.  This year, when they announced that a clock would be the icon, I just knew I had to play along...some people say "Put a bird on it!" 
I say - "Put a clock on it!"

So every day or every other day (depending upon how intrusive life was at the moment) the three of us posted our entries on Facebook...which often led to taunts and jeers and howls over what would we do next...

The top photo is my last installment in the series...fittingly titled "October Blast", it epitomizes the boundaries of inspiration which were stretched during the past month.

Marlynn and Dave primarily used their iPhones (and their multitude of apps) as their tool of choice.  I have an Android...and not so into apps...but I found that this was the perfect opportunity to put into practice what I have been learning in my latest online class, Photoshop Grunge.  For your enjoyment, here is a collage of the images I collectively created during the month...






With the turning of the calendar over to November...the rest of the festive holidays are quickly approaching...here's to laughing at one more festive pumpkin before santa arrives on the scene...


11 comments:

  1. Very creative and very scary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Barb - it was a fantastic creative month of scary!

      Delete
  2. These are awesome, Amy...so creative...it looks like you have been having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The images are all wonderful - you know I am partial to the birds!!!!! Clocks do make interesting additions to compositions too. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those birds too - so glad you stopped in and visited!

      Delete
  4. So, now I know what you've been up to with the clock photos on facebook. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Amy! You obviously had quite some fun playing with the clock theme.My favorites are the the one with the rats and the group picture.
    Happy Halloween!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo on the upper right with the 2 men (one with a goblin head) realy creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its actually a vampire head...I was cleaning out a shelf in my studio and found this page from 1908 encyclopedia of vampire heads - I knew I had to use it in one of my creations!

      Delete
  7. We did have fun didn't we and the Puppet Master pulled our strings royally! Loved the month and so happy you joined in, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing piece! What a fun challenge and a successful outcome! :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails