10.10.2013

An unconventional wrap

No surprise...I like to wrap presents...but not in any conventional manner...

I prefer the outside of the gift to reflect what the inside holds...this recent recycled journal that I created on commission was designed for a woman who remodels old houses and loves rusty things...a sheet from a set of blueprint plans was the perfect paper...encircled with a length of ancient fabric drywall tape and secured with linen twine...


The roll of very old fabric drywall tape is one of those lucky finds that I am metering out its use...this is the reason why I always go to the basement and garage first at any estate sale...while all the guys are pawing over the tools, I am hunting for those remainders that are of no use to anyone currently...but provide creative fodder.  In this day and age, no one would use cloth drywall tape for seaming...there's all sorts of composite materials that are stronger and more durable...so this roll sat in the corner...until I came along and snatched it up...






I also like to include the card as part of the package...one of my vintage art cards with the announcement of "JUNK" was the ideal tag...with a hole punched at each end, its easy to knot the twine to keep it all secure...








Wanting some of those "JUNK" cards for your own...newly listed in my etsy shop, you can find all the details here...




and if you mention you read about the cards on my blog, I'll throw in a bonus prize with your order...












I'm taking a few days off and visiting my sister...but you can follow my antics on Instagram (user name fourcornersdesign) or my four corners design Facebook page...

Hoping all of you have a fabulous fall weekend!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails