10.19.2013

Junk beauty

sometimes junk can be rusty...or grimy...or peeling
but sometimes junk can be beautiful...









What started as a weathered roll
of metal corrugated garden edging...



















turned into birthday crown for a dear friend...













I love working with this metal edging...its very flexible and easy to cut with a sturdy pair of scissors...since the metal is so pliant, its the ideal crown material, able to conform to one's head for a perfect fit...








Silk ribbon is wound around the bottom edge
and streams down the back side of the crown...







































A wooden bird covered with French ephemera adorns the front...
with a vintage watch face at its center, the bird lays in a nest of white tulle...
















Two galvanized plant tags are pressed into service, one on each side of the crown, proclaiming the honor of the recipient...



















Junk has never been more beautiful...






































Joining the party over at Funky Junk Interiors...where you find junk in all its permutations!

18 comments:

  1. That is so great! I love how your brain works! You constantly inspire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia - thanks...and I'm thrilled that I'm inspiring you...

      Delete
  2. I like the bird detail. You could make a similar crown for kids by using heavy paper instead of metal. I know a group of 9-year-olds who'd love to make their own crowns, now that I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! Your friend will love it! and ditto to Julia's comment - you constantly inspire!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - that is just so cool! You have truly outdone yourself with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kim...it was certainly a one-of-a-kind creation!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. my friend loved it too...love all around...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. thanks Madge...I just use what I have at hand...limited selection is sometimes the best artistic muse!

      Delete
  7. That's a fun piece! Was the party grand too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy, That's a cool material and it was a great idea to use it for a crown. What a beautiful gift to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is absolutely adorable. You are the junk queen in my book!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails