7.24.2012

The colors of summer

I love the combination of orange with teal/turquoise blue...it just says "summer!" to me...






































There's been plenty of luscious berries and delectable apricots at the farmer's market...I've been stockpiling the teal blue cardboard containers since I have a plan for packaging up ephemera...

Orange & teal also influenced this last bit of my summer refresh at home...gathering up a selection of art that has the color orange in it holds the composition together even though the pieces are from different mediums (collage, encaustic, photography)...





























The vintage book and the amber bottles amp up the orange while the Russel Wright pitcher and the giant teal scissors bring in the blue. 

The giant blue scissors are a recent gift from the Southern Man's daughter...she was in Eastern Europe on business and brought back gifts for us...when she saw the scissors, she just knew she had to get them for me...can't even imagine how she got them home...but she was right - they are perfect for me. Displaying them is another example of mixing 3-D objects along with framed art...all I did was tie a piece of jute around the handle and hung it from a brass pin...

To complete the vignette, I played up the sewing connection...the line running through the encaustic duo looks like a piece of thread...the collage pieces incorporate sewing into their construction...so I added a saucer full of thimbles and a few more old scissors...






































The weathered trellis adds height and my wooden chair adds interest...now I just need to gather some summer flowers for the pitcher...so excuse me while I scout my back garden for a few fronds...

What have you done to bring summer into your home...I'd love to know...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails