7.03.2012

The saga of the wheel






Lately I have been on a quest...a sort of artistic holy grail...looking for the perfect wheel for one of my vintage art collages...

I never thought that it would be this difficult to find such a creature...and after searching half the state of Washington, I'd settle for less than perfect...

So far, this is what I have...










This wheel is too big...



















This wheel is too small...
























and this wheel just isn't right...because its a pulley not a wheel...



















What I'm looking for is an old wheel, no larger than 7-1/2" in diameter...with open spokes...
a baby buggy wheel would be ideal...
So I'm throwing it out there to the junk gods...ideas/suggestions/offers would be appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. I'll take a look and see what I have that might fit the bill....no telling what's in my stash of stuff!
    Happy 4th!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never happy...always wanting a better wheel....gee whiz!! (o: Happy hunting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the junk gods hear your plea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of the "this chair is too hard... this chair is too soft..."
    I just love that teal wheel, where did you ever find that?? I have been following your blog now for a month or so and I just love your photography... and all that wonderful old things that you show. Best of luck with your wheel hunt!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails