7.17.2012

Long live the Queen!

As some of you know...I have been on a quest...looking high & low for the perfect wheel...

I have searched half the state of Washington...I found a "maybe" possibility at the liquidator's junk store...it was cracked but was fixable...it had no price...the woman said, "Well, its broken but for some reason its worth it to you so...59cents".  After I got it home and was trying to "fix" it, it broke more...

My sister had an entire yard sale group looking for the wheel...two old coots couldn't begin to understand why anyone would want only one old wheel...

So finally I emailed my artist friend here in town, Shelly Holm, the Queen of Junk...sure enough, a day later she emails me back...found it...come and get it!

And sure enough...it was perfect...






































It is rusty, it is old, it has open spokes...



























Also picked up a second place prize...which knocked out the contender I had for the second placement.  My art piece needs three wheels for completion...I had the first wheel from the start when I hatched the idea for this piece...its been finding the other wheels that has proven challenging...













So now I can carry on...and complete my collage...for the Fresh Paint Art Show in August...



In the meantime...make sure you visit Shelly's blog, From the Alley to the Gallery...when I picked up my wheel, she was also trying to figure out what she was going to create for the upcoming Fresh Paint show...I brought her two boxloads of rusted parts in payment for the two wheels...hoping that brings her some inspiration...but gotta love the Queen of Junk for coming through for me...Vive la Reine!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails