12.13.2011

The sum greater than its parts, #5



I am down to the last two felted wool projects...I'm amazed with what I could get out of the scraps from the five wool sweaters I felted last year...





Project #1 - mini mitten garland





Keeping with the simplicity vibe, all I did was make a paper pattern for a small mitten and cut out lots of mini-mittens.  I stitched up the mittens on my sewing machine, again keeping the seam on the outside (just like the stockings) since the felted wool wouldn't unravel.  I embellished them with either red felt hearts, vintage pearl buttons or tiny glass ornaments.  I tacked the mittens onto a length of red jute twine and made a loop at each end of the twine for hanging the garland.

Project #2 - sweater cowl
I had a large portion of the dark gray sweater remaining...I measured 12" up from the ribbing on the bottom and cut a straight line across...after I folded over a cuff at the top and secured it with two pins, its perfect as a neck cowl...which is great because for some reason, my neck is always cold in winter!





the two "mini-pins" are actually a pair of earrings that my friend Sue gave me for my birthday, but they are just right to secure the cowl so its snug against my neck.






I saved the snips and scraps from all of these felted wool projects...it seems a shame to toss them...but I don't know what to do with them...I would welcome your ideas!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails