8.01.2014

the best kind of mail

Most days when the mail arrives, it is not the least bit interesting...but when you see a multi-colored envelope among the white...it catches your eye...and offers a little excitement to this ordinary activity...


A couple of months ago, I invited fellow bloggers to participate in an art swap...I sent a piece of original art and in return, I received a piece of original art...nothing better than getting art in the mail  (ok, wait...getting money in the mail is great too!)











Last week I received one of my swaps...this beautiful collage is from Cathy of ma vie trouvee...







































Cathy is an accomplished artist and phenomenal photographer...living in Singapore with her husband, she totally immerses herself in the culture and takes advantage of all that she can learn from living in a foreign land...

Not only did she send the collage...but a collection of special papers representative of her asian environment...


this collection of joss papers really appeals to me...I'll have to create something special to highlight them...
the jewels that they are...















One of the joys of blogging has been the friendships made across the miles...offering a bridge of understanding, inspiration and camaraderie that I cherish...

Joining the group over at kim klassen's Friday Finds...
where my find is connecting with Cathy who I met through kim's blog...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails