8.08.2014

at a moment's notice

sometimes the most improbable moment becomes the most memorable...

It seemed ironic to me that the exercise for my bestill52 class this week deals with the "unstaged" photo shoot...focusing on more of a realistic approach...as opposed to arranging the composed vignette and then capturing the opportune setting in a perfect shot...rather its about the moment at hand...and all the potential it holds...

I've been following other creatives on Instagram with different inspirational prompts...it pushes me to think in different directions which is good exercise for exploring alternatives and revealing new avenues in my work...one of the prompts this week was "craft"...and as I sat at my desk, I was a tad stumped...so I just reached up on the shelf behind my computer screen and pulled off a couple of items...threw them on the desk top...and took a photo with my phone...I love that you can see the dog hair in the upper left hand corner...that makes it real...Calvin's hair is everywhere...







































Here's another shot...sitting in my office at the computer...the evening sun shining in...I notice immediately to my left, the sun reflecting off the antique scale...grab my phone...take a shot...



























not more than 10 minutes later, the sun is gone...
the moment lost...










Capturing this photo...something more was needed...sitting on the floor at my feet...a dried leaf that Calvin dragged in...goldens with their long fur...unbelievable amount of debris in the house...especially during summer when the back door to the garden is left open...I pick up the leaf - throw it into the shot...
































So back to the original thought...this week's assignment for bestill52...the unstaged photo...washing the slipcovers on the living room furniture...fresh from the dryer, I plopped them down on the ottoman...the pillows from the couch and the bottles from the side table were easily in reach...







































I have to admit that I've become quite enamored of my phone camera (and its not an iphone...I'm one of the Android users...have a Samsung Galaxy) Even though I took my Canon with me on our recent trip, I used my phone most of the time...it was so quick, immediate, seemed to capture "real life" at a moment's notice...

Joining the group over at kim klassen's Friday Finds...where my find is realizing that the potential for creative inspiration is right in front of me...totally unstaged...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails