3.18.2015

birds of a feather

Do you ever have a project that you get stuck on...
you get so far and then inspiration runs out...disappears...adios...

As indicated from my last post, this does happen to me...but I seem to be on a streak lately of picking up old projects and finishing them...the power of a deadline!

This time, the inspiration came from a fellow online artist...Dutch Barb...who is a member of my bestill52 online class...when I saw one of her recent posts, I had a eureka moment...and was motivated to action...




Two years ago I made some plaster of paris eggs...I hollowed out a couple of eggshells...very carefully...filled them with plaster of paris...very carefully...and then set them to dry for several days.  I had half of a shell that I coated with plaster of paris on the inside...hoping to get an empty shell to fill with something later.  After the plaster was completely dry, I removed the outer shell and I had eggs...after a little sanding to smooth out the edges...but now what...

When I saw Barb's photo on Flickr, I knew that this was the inspiration I was looking for...I went to work...gathering materials...





The eggs...







































The feathers...







































The glue...







































I knew that I was on the right track because I had all my familiar tools...glue, water, scissors, brush...plus the added beauty of feathers...I was set to go...




























Next up...the end result...

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the result...looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggs, feathers, glue....now you do have my attention! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got my attention, too! Can't wait to see what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. I get stuck all the time, but I try to overcome...eventually.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails