3.18.2015

birds of a feather

Do you ever have a project that you get stuck on...
you get so far and then inspiration runs out...disappears...adios...

As indicated from my last post, this does happen to me...but I seem to be on a streak lately of picking up old projects and finishing them...the power of a deadline!

This time, the inspiration came from a fellow online artist...Dutch Barb...who is a member of my bestill52 online class...when I saw one of her recent posts, I had a eureka moment...and was motivated to action...




Two years ago I made some plaster of paris eggs...I hollowed out a couple of eggshells...very carefully...filled them with plaster of paris...very carefully...and then set them to dry for several days.  I had half of a shell that I coated with plaster of paris on the inside...hoping to get an empty shell to fill with something later.  After the plaster was completely dry, I removed the outer shell and I had eggs...after a little sanding to smooth out the edges...but now what...

When I saw Barb's photo on Flickr, I knew that this was the inspiration I was looking for...I went to work...gathering materials...





The eggs...







































The feathers...







































The glue...







































I knew that I was on the right track because I had all my familiar tools...glue, water, scissors, brush...plus the added beauty of feathers...I was set to go...































Next up...the end result...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails