3.20.2015

birds of a feather, part 2

As I started in my last post, I was at a loss for a creative spark...

naked plaster of paris eggs...sat in a carton in my studio the last two years...







but then I was brilliantly inspired...and went to work...



Using my trusty bristle brush, I glued delicate feathers onto the eggs...

being careful to gently keep each strand smooth and not become a gloppy mess...





































I also experimented with a little tissue paper; knowing that the tissue would be light and translucent as it dried...and a bit of french ephemera...because really, isn't everything a little better with a bit of french flair?

After the glue was dry, a little light sanding and a tiny bit of wax...
and finally a springtime vignette...









the contrast of the dark feather against the white plaster brings out all the details...






















and highlights how delicate each feather is.


















I like how this egg with the tissue paper layer resembles brown transferware ironstone.






















And the partial shell that I created holds a tiny treasure...
Joining the group over at kim klassen's Friday Finds...
where my find is the inspiration and spark that I discover among the bestill52 artists...
Thank you Dutch Barb for the spark!
also joining up with Funky Junk Interiors weekend Party Junk...still more inspiration over there...

23 comments:

  1. Amy, these are beautiful ! I also saw Barb's version and loved them. Love yours too, I love the one with the tissue paper, so sweet ! Maybe I have been inspired too ! I'm not a very crafty person, but I truly adore these gorgeous eggs and the way you have displayed them in the tarnished silver candlesticks with a little bit of straw is stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eggs are just fabulous! The feathers are so perfect on each one. I love how you placed them on candlesticks, and the frog holding the photo - love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love these so artful, you have the best ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew eggs could be a work of art? So creative. I love how you photographed them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your version turned out. And now I'm off to Google to for more inspiration! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! I was wondering if you'd glue feathers to the eggs...I know I would have! Absolutely beautiful still life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... these are amazing! You are so creative :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, these are so precious. Worth the wait for inspiration, eh? Have a great first weekend of spring, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those eggs are wonderful, and your photos are so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowee Zowee what a fabulous vignette! I love birds, and feathers and your collections is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, these are absolutely beautiful!! The eggs are stunning and your photos are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Amy, these are just breathtaking... pieces of ART! I never thought I would inspire someone, but now you've inspired me. Thank you for sharing the processing how to create even more gorgeous decorated eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh, these turned out so gorgeous! What creative style, everyone blends with the other and the tarnished silver is just perfect with it...who would have thought? Obviously you! Stunning job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are marvelous. Where did you get the plaster of paris eggs or did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amy these are so beautiful. I am always in awe of your creativity! AND you ability to actually make what you are thinking about.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing, Amy!! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing, Amy. I love them. Thanks for the peek into the process too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE these! Thanks for sharing, you are so creative. I've shared this blog post on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/Cottage960

    ReplyDelete
  20. Although I am told, when I attempt to sign up to receive your blogs through my e-mail, that I already am a subscriber, I never receive your posts. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails