3.17.2015

bird obsessed

seems lately that I have been obsessed with birds...more than usual...
perhaps because it is spring and I welcome their increased activity...

In any case, I have several bird inspired projects I thought I would share over the next couple of days...











Today's is a quick one...I had a couple of wooden boards that I had collaged years ago and then never finished...the first background layer was a page from an old art book; the second layer is the top ply of a paper napkin...one of my favorite collage layering techniques since the single ply of the napkin is so sheer, you see the underneath layer.  A snippet from an old dictionary was added...and then it sat...



Getting ready for a show always motivates me to action...in this case, I pulled out these two boards, attached a Cavallini bird tag, added a few more words and finished off with a ribbon hanger...







































Both of these beauties (plus so much more) will be at the 
Vintage Market at Swan's Trail on March 28...will you?

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving your bird creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the bird chattering outside my window, Amy, I can't stop thinking about birds. Today five crows were out on the prowl causing such a racket trying to eat at our bird feeder. Quite a funny sight seeing them slipping down the poles to the roof of the feeders until they could get their huge beaks into the slots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails