7.15.2014

Look | See

Over the last two years, I've become more involved with photography...and it has sharpened my powers of observation...focusing my attention...gleaning the story that I want to tell...










It hasn't just been photography for the sake of capturing a single image...but rather how what I look at can be woven into what I see...an artistic journey that I want to share with others...

In the yearlong class I'm currently taking from kim klassen
be still 52, one emphasis is on the simplicity of the moment...the calmness...in essence, being still...in both mind and body.








While on our month long trip, I had plenty of opportunity to practice...
what common images/everyday occurrences do we rush by, never stopping to notice...







































I've always been a big proponent that art is not just anything grand or majestic...but simple and approachable...
and present in everyone's life...you just have to see what you are looking at...pay attention for a moment...

these bits of nature...gathered on the lawn in the morning light and placed on the outdoor table...
the most lovely gray and green tones...



Linking up to kim klassen's Texture Tuesday...many more examples of the sublimity of the simple...
all of my images today edited with kk texture pinonly8...which you can download for free here...

10 comments:

  1. All of these images are lovely, but my faves have to be the first and third ones. I've got a thing for peeling paint. Is that wrong?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in with Carol as far as having a thing for peeling paint! I especially love the simplicity and beautiful understated colors in your third image. Don't you just love Kim's "pinonly" textures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I read your story today... a great reminder to slow down and appreciate the simple things around us. I love the peeling paint... it adds character to your photo. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The simple things right out our door at the best. It is taking the time to slow down that is the hard part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the window within the window in the first picture...pulling me in and taking me beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The window in the window… seeing all the way through… is both calming and inspiring. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos and a wonderful reminder to live in the moment - savoring simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful images, Amy...and I love your header, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do have an eye for capturing lovely moments in time. :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails