5.20.2014

Its not always black & white

I've just started a new creative inspiration course with Kim Klassen...be still 52...a year long class...not only covering still photography...but taking a moment...finding peace...cultivating quiet...so that creativity can thrive...

This course is coming right at the perfect time...things are ramping up here...
and I'm gonna need all the inspiration I can get to maintain calm...
edited with kk texture magicscripted at 36% screen








































We (that be the Southern Man and I) are contemplating the next chapter of our lives...and considering whether or not we should move...and not just to a different house in town (though that is one of the considerations) but rather move across country...from the west coast to the east coast...the southern east coast...as in 3000 miles away...

There's a lot to think about...lots of options...not much black or white...plenty of gray...
edited with kk texture 1402magic as background


To help figure things out, we're taking a trip back east...we'll be gone for a spell...

Before we go, I'm trying to finish up some compositions for an August art show, tie up loose ends, clear out a ton of art supplies, dig out the summer clothes, maintain my work schedule, etc, etc, etc...

But to keep everything in perspective, I just need to remember to breathe...this simple exercise was the first lesson in be still 52...easy to forget...but stopping a moment and taking a big breath does make a difference...
edited with kk texture magic as background








































linking up with Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday where the theme is black and white...
and plenty shades of gray in-between...

18 comments:

  1. Lots of things to think about take time for yourself I love your creativity it gives me inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy the trip to discover your new home...we're yet undecided. I love the images - they really speak about the decision making of such a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like this piece...nicely done! Moving to my side of the Mississippi!? Interesting...can't wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing how you've tied the first lesson into your everyday. Even though I've never been to the PNW I couldn't ever imagine wanting to leave...it just seems so magical to me.

    Love the up top image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking a deep breath is so hard to remember sometimes... I love your images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Definitely lots to think about. But it all could be really good. Just keep breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - i love how your images relate to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your trip and the 52!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all lovely ... and yes! It sounds so simple and it does help ... but it's also too easy to forget to 'just breathe'! Good luck with your hard choice. The idea of a move like that paralyzes me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big decisions! I wish you well. At some point something will feel right. Until then, the indecision is actually the decision isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect take on black and white ( maybe Domino's next time)! Sounds as if you and I are in the same stage of life. We will soon be making the same choices - as our youngest son will graduate and head to college in the next year. How true - lots of gray! And how wonderful that you are keeping your focus and cherishing the time to be still and breathe. I'll try to follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Amy, That sounds very exciting. It's a big decision to move so far awy. You will know when you found the right place. Just trust your gut feeling.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures...great reminder. Decisions, decisions...scary and exciting all at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a wonderful trip! Making decisions can be very hard (even for positive changes) and the reminder to breathe is so important. I found myself feeling a great deal of anxiety yesterday about a decision I will have to make soon and realized part of the reason was because I wasn't breathing deeply. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A big decision indeed! But coming from someone who lived in the same place for the first 40 years of my life and then ventured to Europe and then across the world to Asia - I say GO FOR IT! Moving is a drag - especially when you just finished your beautiful studio and classroom. The biggest part of our moving weight was my art room - which will probably be the same for you. But I can give you lots of tips on packing it out!!! New places open up new ideas so I saw go for it!! Now - just make sure you are near virginia so I can come to your classes : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photos. Think about the move. No matter where you live, there is always in your heart a place where you will always want to be.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails