5.02.2014

A shot of creativity

Last Saturday was my Recycled Book Journal Art Party...

Seven inspired souls joined together to learn how to turn an old book into a upcycled journal...

After explaining the construction process, everyone was set free in the workshop studio...
to gather supplies, unearth treasures, edit their selections and finally compose their creation...

pondering options...
























































such diligent thought at work...



























a tad retro...





































a bit of wanderlust...













































What I love about hosting workshops is two fold...

1 - given access to the same set of supplies, it is always amazing to me how completely different each creation is...and the combination of thoughts and ideas that are revealed in each completed project is such a revelation to me...

2 - two of the participants expressed to me how much they needed this day...an opportunity to create in an open format... I'm happy that I'm in a time and place that I'm able to provide such a respite...and that fills my creative soul...
















An inspiration to behold...






12 comments:

  1. what a wonderful day to spend with like minded friends, new or old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps: i love the new cover foto on your blog! it's bright and bold and says " lots of creativity going on here!"

      Delete
  2. Lovely idea and looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they are thrilled to have this place to go to! (But, maybe you should turn up the heat? She has a parka on...that's colder than my basement! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fun and wonderfully creative time...I wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh amy - I SO wish I lived nearby!! What a fun fun day with beautiful results for all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy, It sounds and looks like you and your students enjoyed the class. What a great start for your new wonderful workshop studio. Many more will follow.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, so wish I lived near you as I certainly would have signed up for this workshop (looks like Cathy and I would have met up at your studio). I love to recycle and re-purpose old books. I sometimes cut up book covers to make postcards and I use old printed pages to make bird ornaments, too. What a lovely spirit you have to share your talents, teach, and share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun! What great successes everyone had! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The journals turned out great! Looks like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a fun afternoon...wonderful, inspiring surroundings and a pleasant group of people. I love my journal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like it was fun, and yes you're so right about how different it all turns out and even with same materials, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails