1.20.2014

From my studio to yours...

The start of a new year is always filled with the best of intentions...and organizing seems to top the list...

I think every year that I'm going to do a better job on organizing my studio space...
well, I actually made some progress and its not even the end of January!






Being a collage artist means that I collect a little bit of a lot of different things...and I have come to the realization that there is more here than I will ever need...so why not share the wealth...

I decided that I would create packets of all this flotsam and jetsam...and offer Multi Media Medley Boxes (or 3M Boxes for short) for sale at my etsy shop, fourcornersdesign

























The sorting begins...I decided that organizing by color would be most effective...


The set-up...

























The first steps...
























After compiling quite a mountain of supplies, it occurred to me that this would never fit in an envelope or cellophane sleeve...boxes would be needed...several boxes in fact...I'm so happy that there's a restaurant supply store in my town...kraft cardboard take-out boxes were the ideal solution...










I began packing...a little fabric, some twine, vintage buttons, pages from old books, snips of old wallpaper, ticket stubs, game pieces...whatever caught my eye...each box weighing at least 8 ounces (that's half a pound of stuff!) 

sealed up in colored tissue...with a label providing the incentive..."begin"

























wrapped up in decorative ribbon with a signature tag...



you'll find 18 individual boxes for sale over at my etsy shop...

from my studio to yours...sent with creative mojo!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails