1.28.2013

No explanation

Sometimes there is no explanation...sometimes things just remain a mystery of life...

On Saturday, I was feeling the garage sale/junking itch...but I was holding strong...not scratching it...I have plenty of "raw materials" for art and project ideas...best to leave it alone...

So with a little extra time, I figured that I would tackle another area of the basement...you see, I'm only dealing with a small section at a time...if I tried to do it all, it would be too much...and then nothing would get done...

There was an unlabeled box in the pile...I opened it up and behold!  Yard Sale Treasures!  I have no memory of this haul...but it certainly had all the types of goodies I would pick up...

amber bottle, two english ironstone platters, a dictionary - a pronouncing dictionary to be exact (a dictionary that deals exclusively with the correct pronunciation of a word) and several vintage metal embroidery hoops...































another large dictionary with exquisite detailed drawings, an old metal frame embossed with delicate flowers,
a couple of vintage wood oval embroidery hoops...






































All the joy and thrill of the hunt without leaving home...it satisfied that junking itch quite nicely...but now my curiosity was piqued...I can't recall this adventure at all...

and it just proves that you never know what you might find...even in your own house...

15 comments:

  1. Great fun!! I did that the other day....when I "found" the skeleton leaves...I need to do this more myself! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! Nothing like re-living a previously loved flea market find! (p.s.: LOVE that book with the flower prints!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful and serendipitous story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the best kind of found objects -- ones you did not know you were even looking for! Seems to me you were rewarded for not scratching that itch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when this happens. Always nice to be re-inspired by a purchase and so funny when you don't remember buying it in the first place. Like buried treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Always fun to shop yourself! Great finds lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt the sun come out for you in your very own basement. Thanks for sharing this story. What are you going to do with those treasures...hmmm?
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what will I do with them...actually I've been thinking of some recycled art project for some time, using the embroidery hoops as the "frame"...now that I found I have many more, I'll have to get going on that idea...

      Delete
  8. Wow, the picture dictionary is beautiful. I'm sure you can think of something amazing with that. I don't have a basement, mine is crammed into my 'art/junk room'. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. Always enjoy your writings here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emilou...having that basement...both a blessing and a curse! thank god I don't have a garage otherwise I'd be in real trouble!

      Delete
  9. How fabulous to find such a great stash! The picture dictionary is really beautiful, as are the other items. How funny that you don't remember when you 'collected' them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful! Like Emilou I don't have a basement so I tuck things away in plastic tubs in the catch-all closet. When I decide to excavate it's like my own special shopping adventure. Maybe I'll be as lucky as you the next time I dig in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. christie...you just never know what you might find...

      Delete
  11. too funny...i know the feeling all too well !! when i need a 'fix' , i just shop my basement !!
    seriously !
    great haul you found !

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails