1.24.2013

beyond Beyond

In 2012 I participated in Kim Klassen's class, Beyond Layers...it was a class about sharpening your skills with Photoshop...with a sidekick of inspiration and creativity boost for your artistic life.  And there was the opportunity to share your work with others in the class...from all over the world...
With the start of 2013, Kim decided to build on that initial class...and has started beyond Beyond...

I signed up immediately...this year, there's just a once a week prompt...providing a challenge...idea to try...food for thought...a creative kick in the pants...its the perfect nudge for me...especially since my word for the year is "essence" and I want to focus on what my art is about...

Class started yesterday...and our first challenge was to change our perspective with taking a photograph...look at the subject from a different angle or viewpoint...take our time...don't be rushed...edit the results...see what works and what doesn't...which all tied in neatly with Kim's closing advice...be present...






















Paring down to what is important...to the essence...I think I may be on the right path...

Do you have a word for the year?...has it motivated you yet?  do tell...

9 comments:

  1. Damn! There you go again....making me feel bad! Just kidding!! This looks like a fantastic challenge/course. Can't wait to see what you come up with!! So far...it's looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of looking at it from different perspectives...since my word is "learn", I should stretch out this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky You- WOuld Love to take a photography class- Your Pictures are wonderful- perfect for Easter- the idea that a picture can say so much and how you take it-can change the whole look or what the picture is about-
    Great Blog as usual
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Karryann...it is amazing how a picture can convey so much...

      Delete
  4. Hi Amy, beautiful pics, love the idea of looking at things with a new word... "Essence". My word is 'joy'. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emilou - love your choice of word for the year...so positive and reaffirming!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures, love the soothing colours and its fun to see how they all play out so differently pending on the angle you took the pictures. Neat class.

    My word (I have a few words) 'Vison' 'challenge' 'energy' and 'focus'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari - I'm looking forward to another year of learning in this class...its starting out well.
      I like that you haven't limited yourself to one word for the year...all of your choices are great!

      Delete
  6. You are absolutely on the right path, Amy!
    I'm talking with my sis-in-law about heading to Everett in May.....woo hoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails