8.10.2012

the road less traveled...

Finally...the reveal of the completed art collage that prompted the great quest for the perfect wheel...






I had the idea for this collage and constructed the box before I found all three wheels...in hindsight, should have found wheels first and then built box to accommodate...lesson learned...

I also learned a bit about wheels...smaller open spoke wheels are no longer in vogue it seems...too easily broken...thus explains my ability to find all sorts of closed wheels...but I think my trio is nice mix, all with the right amount of requisite rust...


And since I have been including quotes on the side of my collages as of late, it only seemed fitting that this one have a quote as well...
Each wheel gives its own character to the piece...

































































































The background is a 1938 National Geographic map...the original...no copies here...I love the muted colors and the type fonts...




























This collage will be for sale at the upcoming Fresh Paint Art Show in Everett.  It will be hard to let this one go...but I'm sure that someone is going to love that perfect wheel as much as I do...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails