8.08.2012

Music in the streets






During the month of August, music can be heard in the streets of my town...the City of Everett sponsors 10 pianos that sit outside, waiting for anyone passing by to tickle the ivories.  Each of the pianos are decorated by local artists with imaginative themes and motifs...















My artist friend, Jody Carlson Cain, is one of the featured artists this year...her piano, The Scenic Route, resides outside of the Everett Public Library during this musical month.






Its a lively collage of old maps, decorative stencils, touches of metallic finish and handwritten words...
 The namesake of the piano, this quote, is written across the top...













If you're in the area, I urge you to stop by and view this masterpiece in person...and you can also see Jody's work at the upcoming Fresh Paint Art Festival...where she, me and 73 other artists will be showing their artistic creations August 18-19 at the Everett Marina...

There's a full spectrum of art on display this summer...come and check it out!

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful is that?! The idea, the art, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Thanks for your nice note on our post. I think you would enjoy that book -- Steal Like an Artist. If you get a chance to take a look, let me know what you think. Love the idea of pianos scattered all over town! And - hey! -- we have had those books for sale before. Glad to know more about them. Some of the titles are really wild. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to show off Everett's artists! I love it! August seems to be the month to visit your fair city with all the goings ons happening. Next year I'll pack my bags and head south!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such fun! Cincinnati had a similar "happening" a year or two ago. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that would sure be fun...to look at and to listen to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a doll my friend! Your pictures are amazing as always. I can't tell you what it means to have you feature my work on your blog! xoxoxoxo Jody

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails