8.15.2012

Here and now

My last art piece is ready for Fresh Paint..what started as an old typeset drawer...


has become one of the largest multi-media collages I have ever tackled...




















I removed some of the wooden dividers so there would be a greater variety of size...which gave me 77 compartments...I left some compartments empty...because all art needs negative space...right?!

The piece took me about a month...a little bit here, a little bit there...it evolved as I worked on it...
and the theme of a passage of time emerged...

the past...







































the present...







































and the future...






































I enjoyed tinkering with it...figuring what worked where...and how to attach/secure everything soundly...
it really is imbued with...







































It will be the pearl of my booth at Fresh Paint...I hope you'll stop by to see it...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails