8.15.2012

Here and now

My last art piece is ready for Fresh Paint..what started as an old typeset drawer...


has become one of the largest multi-media collages I have ever tackled...




















I removed some of the wooden dividers so there would be a greater variety of size...which gave me 77 compartments...I left some compartments empty...because all art needs negative space...right?!

The piece took me about a month...a little bit here, a little bit there...it evolved as I worked on it...
and the theme of a passage of time emerged...

the past...







































the present...







































and the future...






































I enjoyed tinkering with it...figuring what worked where...and how to attach/secure everything soundly...
it really is imbued with...







































It will be the pearl of my booth at Fresh Paint...I hope you'll stop by to see it...

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece, love your description of how it evolved. I am sure it will be the gem in your booth. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you see why I didn't want to post pics of mine!! Yours is incredible!!! Okay...I just have to make another!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a gem...love it and all the details. What fun you had! It is an incredible piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMY, this is fabulous! It was brave of you to take out the wooden dividers. I guessing those little pieces will show up in another piece on day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Amy. You have put together something very special here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project! I know exactly what you mean by a project taking shape over a span of time. This was well worth your effort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH I love this, Amy...you could get lost in all the little details...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara-Miranda8/16/2012 4:46 AM

    You and your creations will be the star of the show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this piece, and how you play around with the scale of things. What patience to build, but it does seem right that it took its own sweet time to evolve, being about time and all. It will be a showstopper, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your entry on WhisperWood Cottage, and I am so glad to have found your blog. I LOVE this tray! Fascinating!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails