5.11.2012

The power of Pinterest


Pinterest...the power to find inspiration...and to be found...and to give inspiration to others.  I realize that Pinterest has its fans/fanatics as well as those who detract/denigrate the site...but I find it a source of inspiration...a source that is two-fold...


Some of you may remember that during the holidays, I had several projects that used my remaining felted sweater scraps...and after I made felted wool vases, felted wool stockings, and felted wool mitten garlands, I still had scraps left...but much smaller ones. 


www.myrtleandeunice.com



When I spied this pin of these cute chicks, I knew that I found a project to use up those smaller scraps...there's a complete pattern with instructions on the myrtle and eunice blog...to get all the info click here.









I enlarged the pattern (via my scanner and printer) and sewed up three chicks...






































I made the "feet" on the black chick out of rusted wire...still debating on "feet" for the other two...the beak on the blue chick is cut from a vintage raffle ticket...





















And the blue shelf in the picture...made from an old painted board...I used the same technique for making it
as I did for making my little white boxes but stopped once I had three sides nailed together...


































I still have enough pieces left for one or two more chicks...and now I have tiny, tiny scraps of felted wool remaining...what to do with that...?  ideas?

So I have found plenty of inspiration on Pinterest...and others have been inspired by me...it is via Pinterest that HGTV.com saw a picture of my brass stencil lamp and included it as one of 10 ideas to transform your bedroom decor...my lamp is idea #3 in the line-up...read all about it here...

Pinterest...seems to be a two-way street...and because of that, I'll keep pinning...

Linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special...did you know that FJ has a special Pinterest board devoted to the highlights from SNS...see it all here...

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the beak and that you only put feet on one little guy. Must put these in my 'Sew Cool' board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable little tweets! And congrats on your kudos! I love your lamp!!!! So much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pinterest, for the inspiration and the Wow factor, I think it is helping to bring our world just that much closer.
    Beautiful spring creating and photos.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out so wonderfully and I love the lamp featured, too! Pinterest is FULL of all kinds of inspiration...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable Amy - I wish you had some for sale in your Etsy shop!

    I'm visiting to also let you know you won a set of moo cards. They are on order now - with expected delivery at the beginning of June.
    So they 'll be in the mail to you as soon as they arrive (of course I'll need a mailing address first!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and entering the contest.

    (Also fun to read your post about Seth/Donna/Leslie's visit!) What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, guess what? I found you on Pinterest! No kidding. I love these little felt birds and am going to make them. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails