5.03.2012

little white boxes

It seems more than two weeks have passed since I had my afternoon with the Queen of Junk, Shelley Holm...I left off where I was scurrying home to finish up my trio of boxes, squealing with delight over the junk finds and the helpful tips I had acquired...

The original photo of inspiration from Pinterest was really only a jumping off point...the boxes I spied (and have since seen in the current issue of Country Living magazine as well) were made of wood with herb label stenciling on the front and a long black hook at the back of the box to hang it on the wall...I made my boxes out of white peely painted pickets...and then added a single section of old wire garden fencing to the back - ready to hang on the wall or add a vintage vibe if just sitting on a table...





































































Though I had fun styling the boxes in this spring vignette, I anticipate using them as part of my art booth,
holding notecards for display...





























To share a few details...here's a view of the corner construction...



















and a look at attaching the garden fencing to the back...poultry staples were perfect for this...
to see the initial construction steps, click here...




















Can't thank Shelley enough for her help...we're already trying to decide what to make next...
































Linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special...always plenty of junk treasures there...

10 comments:

  1. These are great. I realize that I have some old pickets laying in the back of the garden. What if I'd thrown them out!?? Now I can make boxes. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So charming...I just love them! The pickets look great and LOVE the old garden fencing...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Amy! You did a great job on those! How fun... it's all fun isn't it? What are we making next??? Shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm just loving these boxes and the fencing on the back is a stroke of genius. I have an old door, well several old doors like that shown in your photo. I might have to try to find a spot for one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT some little white boxes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly what I am needing for a future project - thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to share this! I just love what you did...and I will share my project when I finally get to it!

    Big hugs
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooo pretty! I really love them. I also love the green backdrop the one is hanging off of. Beautiful display!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute! Found you from Funky Junk Interiors. This is just what I've been trying to find, want something like this for my front porch! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. popping over from Funky Junk to say hello! love those sweet chippy boxes! so pretty! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you used the garden fencing as sort of the back of an easel. Really pretty. It would hold up just about anything. Found you on Hometalk. Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails