2.28.2012

White is the new black

It seems like everywhere you turn these days, everybody's talking about the color white...though I am a lover of neutrals, I never thought about having a white house...until the February issue of Country Living Magazine...white looking so rustic and yet refined...I'm getting in the mood...
source:  Country Living Magazine





















And then white was the theme for today's Texture Tuesday over at Kim Klassen's blog...for the past two years, I have been reading Kim's blog, downloading the free textures, admiring everyone else's submissions...and doing nothing more.

Due to my participation in Kim's year-long creativity class, Beyond Layers...and getting over my own phobia of Photoshop...I now feel proficient enough with my photography skills to join the group...though still a newbie...and in awe of other's skills...but I'll let my series of "white" photos speak for themselves...

sewing still life
edited using Kim's happy heart texture, soft light & multiply at 50%


































sewing buttons
edited using Kim's revolution texture, soft light and multiply at 70%



what is worth while
edited using my own texture created from a late 19th century book cover

































white ironstone
edited using Kim's revolution texture, soft light at 60%







































































I invite you to visit Kim's blog, Kim Klassen Cafe, and enjoy all the other white images as part of Texture Tuesday...you're sure to be inspired...

15 comments:

  1. Quite digging your photos. Love the white. I'm amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great series of white! My faves are the first still life and the close up of the stack of bowls - just FAB! Your images don't look like a newbie....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love all of your "white" images. You do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, my....these are good! I do need to look into this workshop!!! (So tell me, are you listening to the Beatles' White album as you work? Or Whiter Shade of Pale? )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these photos! So calming and serene. Beautiful! I think you can hang with the big dogs in Kim's class, your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a photo shoot. If you're a newbie, you will be blowing our socks off very soon. These are great. I loved that issue of Country Living -- my living room is shades of white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post...so many pretty things to inspire us! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy!! These are beautiful!! Miss You, hugs, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job! I never tire of white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great series of white photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb whiteness! You captured the pristine but welcoming vibe that makes white so alluring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bet that's a great class. I've taken a couple of hers and belong to the test kitchen but haven't logged in over 6 months...soon, soon...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your white captures are lovely -- but having white in my house would be a bad idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. to all who have commented and not heard back from me...for some reason blogger is not sending the comments to my email...don't know why...but thanks for all the kind comments...and to Nancy...when the southern man saw this post, he vetoed a white house right away...don't even think about it he said...he's probably right...!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails