2.04.2012

Forgotten treasures

In the dead of winter, there is a dearth of garage/yard/estate sales...so the opportunities to find treasures is diminished.  Last weekend I went to the last day of a three day estate sale...there wasn't much left...but this precious perfume bottle made the trip worthwhile...paired with my mother's pearls...practicing using my camera on manual and following the lessons I'm learning from Kim Klassen's class, Beyond Layers...
original photo taken on auto focus


enhanced photo taken on manual focus with low exposure
edited with picnik









































Been working on a couple of new collage pieces as well...
sneak peeks over at my facebook page, Four Corners Design...

8 comments:

  1. Love this project. Hope you're having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful find that looks great with the pearls. Keep up the work with manual settings. So much more capability!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bottle...lovely photo. It's so fun experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A treasure indeed! Just curious, any hints of scent remaining in the bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo. And really great editing. What kind of camera do you have?

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this! And you did it without using a smart camera app!? (I didn't know one could still do this sort of thing?!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are having fun and learning at the same time. I LOVE the second image. The perfume bottle really was worth the trip!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails