10.28.2011

The madness lives on





Before we go any further, let me explain...that's metal madness...my obsession with metal things that are rusty, worn out, dilapidated and finding a new use and undiscovered beauty in their being.

You might remember my post on metal wire springs made into vases...as I was scrounging around for more springs, I came across a couple of rather large springs...they wouldn't do for vases...so what else could I concoct?





The process begins...metal springs...
old painted boards, cleaned, sanded and waxed...
A couple of double point tacks and my trusty metal hammer (great for working in tight spaces!)...
Pilot holes are always a good idea...
that way you make sure the nail/screw/brad is in the position you want...
Label holder secured with trimmers tacks...
And you have the ideal photo display...
Closeup detail of how I attached the spring...
Being Friday, I am straddling two link-ups...Thrifty Thursday at inspired by charm and
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors...twice the fun, double the inspiration...

14 comments:

  1. I really like them! Now I have to go looking for large springs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the coolest photo display ideas I've ever seen! I'm gonna have to find me some rusty old springs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be great on a desk as an organizer too...for bills, to do list, and the like. Neato!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great!! Where did you get the springs? Love the 'family' plate at the end -- so many possibilities with this project -- thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this photo holder! Great use of a big old rusty spring!
    Love your blog!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this project...such a great look and very creative! I am a new follower and looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog. It is fantastic! I pinned the sweater felted purse to Pinterest. I hope you don't mind. It should drive a lot of people here to look:)

    Love your work.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these would love to feature them please let me know if this would be ok with you

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you get them to stand up? Mine keep falling to the side :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making these... how do you get the pics to stand up? Mine keep falling to the side :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't even get mine to lean, they just fall to the floor :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please tell me how to get the photos to even lean, I have a showing coming up soon. :(

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails