10.05.2011

Appreciating autumn

It is early October...the weather here turned quickly (not that it was all that hot to begin with...)
I've put away the summer clothes, got out the wool sweaters but haven't turned on the furnace...yet.

But already everyone is rushing ahead to "the Holidays"...what's the hurry...they will be here soon enough...
I want to stop and appreciate the present moment...

the last of the sunflowers in the garden...
a forlorn snail shell discovered in the brush...
the brilliant hues of falling leaves...
In celebration of the autumn season, I want to share one of my two copies of the new magazine FOLK
The September/October is just out and is filled with fall images/scenes/ideas/projects custom made for this time of year...


So leave me a comment with your favorite thing about October...and I'll randomly pick one of the comments to receive the current copy of FOLK...drawing to be held on Wednesday, October 12.  If your email is not part of your blogger profile, be sure to include your email as part of your comment so I can contact you if you are the winner...

Now get outside, gather up some fall leaves and feel the wind blow through your hair...the holidays can wait!

8 comments:

  1. Well my favorite thing about October is my husband and daughter's birthday..they share their birthdays on Oct. 13. I've been wondering about this magazine that I've seen posted about around the blog world, thanks for the chance to win one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing about October is the migration of the birds through our area of south Tx. From hawks to hummingbirds. We have 300+ species of birds in my county and I love it. Thanks for a wonderful post about slowing down and savoring the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a writer, I love Fall in the Pacific Northwest. When the rains begin again, and it gets dark earlier, the atmosphere makes for very creative work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of Autumn, the rustle of leaves, the wind blowing them about and the crackle of my log fire.
    info@skybluesea.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing about Fall is the colors, the weather, getting pumpkins, getting apples & making pies, the start of hockey season ---- pretty much EVERYTHING. It's my most favorite time of year!!!

    PLEASE PICK ME FOR THE ISSUE OF FOLK -- I have been trying to get the premier issue and it is NOT to be found ANYWHERE!!! :)
    - Carrie
    www.lifestylefiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my birthday month so I've always been partial to it and all it's glories--vivid color, crisp fresh air, yummy fruit desserts, and the anticipation of spending time with family and friends indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and the abundance of homegrown foods that the fall season brings. Arranging a bouquet of mums from my garden, chopping vegetables for a beef stew for dinner and peeling apples for an apple crisp for dessert are my ways of spending the perfect autumn afternoon.
    Thank you for the opportunity to win. I love your blog!
    sharypat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite thing about October is the changes we see in our communities. I love the smells and look of Fall. Thanks for the opportunity.

    mshdb2002@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails