8.10.2011

Thoughtfulness

My young friend Anna returned from her semester abroad in Perth, Australia in late June...I finally had a chance to catch up with her (and her mom, my friend Sue) last week...sharing her photos and more details of her excursions...I highlighted her blog back in February - it was her journal of her life down under...truly, I learned more about Australia than I ever knew from reading her blog!

She brought me two presents - a vintage book on Australian gardening and a large shell from the beach...
The book is wonderful with its gorgeous type, beautiful illustrations and well-worn pages...
but it was the shell I swooned over...
I believe it is a conch shell...the colors & hues are exquisite...I tried to capture the detail but the photos don't do it justice.  I have known Anna all of her life and obviously I have made an impression...she brought me back the perfect present...it has a place of pride among my vintage clocks, old books and gnarled twig balls.  Proof positive that the best gifts can not be bought...they are from the heart.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your gifts and your comments...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It is true, the best present are given with the heart. A beautiful gift I know you will always treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swooning over both your treasures!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails