5.20.2011

How the garden grows, chapter 2

original stained glass window by s. duncan







































I've just returned from my sister's - she was visiting me and my family - and then I drove her back home and stayed a few days to enjoy a little warm weather (it is still amazing to me after 20+ years living in Washington State, how different the West is from the East!)

You might remember that I wrote about her garden last summer here and the progress she had made from an empty plot of grass in her backyard...well, the progress continues, but it can be slow going.  The new fence is glaringly, well, new....
Obviously its going to take a little time for everything to fill in...but in the meantime, wouldn't it be great to have something interesting to look at?  The gold plastic delphinium from Goodwill provided the nudge...gathering up items from around her house rounded out the idea...a few screws, nails and a bolt later...
It's a little kitschy, a little funky but a lot more interesting...
A garden should be fun and show off the gardener's personality...
and this garden certainly does.

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails