5.16.2011

First lilacs














The first lilacs have bloomed in my yard...always a sign that spring has arrived (at last!)  These lilacs were planted about six years ago by my sister and they are now grand bushes with lots of blossoms.  I love to cut a few and put them in a vase on my nightstand...the fragrance is so lovely and soothing for restful sleep...

































My sister is visiting for a couple of days so we are checking out how the rest of the garden is doing...looks like the blue poppies that she planted a couple of years ago are finally going to bloom...

This posting is the one that somehow disappeared last week in the midst of the Blogger shenanigans...but I was able to resurrect it... 

In recognition of Mosaic Monday over at Little Red House, I leave you with this lilac tableau...

1 comment:

  1. what a fabulous mosaic! I just love your lilacs. Mine didn't bloom this year, so I'm glad that you are sharing yours!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails