1.30.2011

Inspiration from down under

I love it when I hear that I have inspired someone - have received lots of feedback on my posting about using rain gutters in my studio for organizing - thanks so much!  The best comment though came from Australian Tamarah of Shabby Vintage Junk fame...
....hahahahaha....I was CHANNELING you the other day when I was out in the Hard Rubbish....I saw some GORGEOUS old guttering....All chippy white....I scooped it up quick smart to use as a prop on my stall at the Market....I'm going to put little vases of lavender in it....If I have my WITS about me tomorrow I'll take a pic for you....!

Tamarah did take some photos and sent them off to me...but alas no shot of the gutters...but look at this stuff...













most of it found free on the side of the road...













I love this Aussie concept of hard rubbish...from what I can discern, people have the option to put such stuff out in the trash...and one way or another (!) it is gone.  In my town, if it doesn't fit into the 32gal trash can, they ain't picking it up...and though I have left "free" items on the curb from time to time, I don't see this happening on a regular basis.  Seems like a good recycling trend to me!

And if you haven't checked out the Shabby Vintage Junk blog, you must...never knew one woman could be so enthusiastic about junk - I love it!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails