1.25.2011

Flowers with flair

Last Saturday I travelled over to Whidbey Island - its one of several islands in Puget Sound with close proximity to Seattle - yet a world away.  I was meeting up with Tracy Taylor Huffman, owner/floral designer of FarmHouse Flowers.  Tracy had heard about me from a mutual friend (thank you Wendy!) and wanted to see my artwork.  After running a successful floral business from her home, she was ready to take the leap and open up a storefront on First Street in Langley.  She wants her shop to be a combination of flowers, interesting art, unique antique finds and charming gifts - all with a laid back/european artisan feel.

I'm happy to say that you will be able to find a fine selection of my collage stationery as well as my original multi-media collage art at her new shop.













There are two important aspects of Tracy and her business that appealed to me (aside from her vivacious personality and Texas charm!)...first, she promotes the use of seasonal flowers/greenery in her bouquets -using what's local and in season...second, all of her bouquets are arranged in recycled/reused vases & containers.  In her small shop, there was a cute display of all sorts of milkglass vases on top of the floral cooler.  I love that she is incorporating these two aspects into her business - very eco-smart!

I'm working with Tracy on designing floral note enclosures that are more interesting and distinctive than the ones you usually find (you know the ones...have a sorry-looking rose with the script writing "thinking of you"!).  I look forward to my next trip over to Whidbey...

FarmHouse Flowers
220 First Street
Langley, Whidbey Island
360-969-1412
all photos from Farmhouse Flowers blog

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails