5.13.2013

I'm packing my suitcase...





Do you remember playing that game as a child..."I'm packing my suitcase and I'm taking..." and then each person listed an item in the suitcase, starting with the letter A and continuing on through the alphabet...

Well, I'm packing my suitcase...and I'm taking an aluminum A...and a bounty of buttons...and a collection of cut-outs...and you get the idea...












This morning I'm traveling to Whidbey Island (a ferry ride across Puget Sound from here) and taking a two day workshop from Seth Apter...called Mixed Media Memoire.  Seth is a renown multi-media artist from NYC who has been a tremendous supporter of my work...so when I heard that he would be leading a workshop at the Pacific Northwest Art School in Coupeville, I just had to be there (many thanks to the Southern Man for underwriting a portion of this adventure!)





The workshop will combine bookbinding techniques with collage applications...I've been busy collecting the items on the supply list...as well as those special ephemera treasures that will make my book truly unique.  Here's a small sampling of what I have packed...and yes, I am packing all my supplies in one of my vintage suitcases...it only seemed right!






































The above quote is a page from an old Anthropologie catalog...I've always loved it...
its been hanging on the bulletin board in my studio for 10 years...time to use it...




















pages from dictionaries and reference books always provide inspiration...













I'll be staying overnight with my artist friend Wendy Lee Lynds...so of course I needed to pack a hostess gift...wine and chocolates...wrapped in an old burlap sack...tied up with a length of cloth surveyor's tape and embellished with a metal "W"...






































It will be good to be the student this time...though I'm sure that we will all learn from each other...
its bound to be an adventure...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails