11.03.2011

On the lookout



Last week I stopped in at Goodwill Outlet before I met my friend Sue for a belated birthday lunch (which was at The Loft in Downtown Edmonds - delish!)  I didn't have a lot of time but was on the hunt for items for my holiday projects.  I'm pretty good with eyeing the mounds of clothes/blankets/books/dishes/odd & ends to discern what I need without plowing through every piece.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a piece of old wire with a clip attached.  Normally I would pass this by...but this time I stopped and pulled it out of the heap. 

Joan over at Anything Goes Here has been highlighting old skirt hangers to display interesting collections...I was totally amused when I first saw one of these hangers on her site - I had several skirt hangers (with the red tips!) when I was young...because I am old enough that I wore skirts to school everyday - pants were not yet allowed.  Using them for display was a brilliant idea...so when I saw one peeking out, I snatched it up immediately!



Here's my rendition of the skirt hanger display...
This hanger will be perfect for highlighing a few of my vintage art cards at shows...and I just happen to have a holiday show coming up!

Mark your calendars and head over to Mercer Island if you are in the area!
Artist Studio Holiday Sale
November 10, 11 & 12
Join me and 11 other artists for a great show of artistic treasures
Click Here to get all the details on artists/time/place/directions

Mention you read about the show on my blog and get 20% off your purchase from me...hope to see you there...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails