6.06.2010

The day after

The Artist Garage Sale held yesterday in Everett was a great time!  It was a wonderful day with the sun shining and the temperatures beginning to creep into the 60s - it has been a nasty, cold spring in the Pacific NW.  The sale was held in the unfinished first floor of the new art center in town.  The first floor will be gallery/workshop space while the top floors are live/work lofts for artists.   Here's all the excitement of setting up Saturday morning...












 











I was happy to have my booth next to artist friend Wendy Lee Lynds, a fabulous collage artist - gave us a chance to chat between sales!  Of course we had to trade...she grabbed a bunch of ephemera, including three watchmaker repair journals from the 1960's - she's going to use them as the basis for a multi-media memento project. 

I selected this unframed piece of her art...something about the orange grabbed me. 














I also purchased a necklace to wear with a special outfit for an event at the end of June.  I'm not much of a jewelry girl so wanted something simple and beautiful - this fit the bill perfectly!

















The artist is Tammi Sloan of My Brown Wren- her designs are stunningly simple and elegant.  Her etsy shop showcases her designs if you're unable to attend one of the Pacific NW art shows she'll be at this summer.  And the felt pouch with the handstamped bird motif is so charming.  Tammi is relatively new to the art fair circuit but I imagine I will be seeing her at quite a few shows in the future.

Sorry there are no pictures of the sunny weather or other vendor art - I was too busy in my booth to get out and experience the show.  I unloaded much ephemera - it feels good to lighten the load!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails