1.27.2015

Getting ahead of myself

The weather here the past couple of days has been very springlike...almost lulls one into thinking warmer weather is at hand...but I know better...its only a tease...

I'm so sorry for those of you who live on the East coast...stay safe and warm...

Since the weather was cooperating, thought I'd better get outside and clean up the garden...a task that didn't seem to happen this past fall...

My two large hydrangea bushes in the backyard garden are already budding...figured I could snatch one small branch...

Keeping it simple...edited with 2 layers of  kk texture unleashed







































and one version edited with textures and overlays gleaned from my first session of AWAKE, 
a yearlong Photoshop artistry class...



































Joining the group over at kim klassen's Texture Tuesday...camaraderie and photography at its best...

14 comments:

  1. Both are lovely with the interesting twine framing the bottle. The second is my favorite with the additional processing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely composition and processing! I envy you in that your hydrangeas are budding!! It is cold here (but I'm not going to complain as we didn't get much snow from the blizzard!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful from above shots, and great focus !
    over from TT
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend sent me a picture of her forsythia blooming...seems so early to see buds but encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes! Anticipation of spring! Something I do constantly once the holidays are past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful from above image, great texture and depth of field. How wonderful to find a budding plant this time of the year! It makes your image even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back again. I laughed when I read your comment on Camper about making something else from my beloved old bench when it collapses. I thought, only Donna would think of that! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - how nice to have green things in the garden already!
    Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Budding plants are a miracle in this time of the year, looks beautiful withe the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine are budding too I'm so looking forward to seeing them flower....

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good Amy, that grunge on the bottle top is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely find, and I hope the warmer weather stays for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely, Amy...so nice to have some budding green. We've had so little snow...there's actually grass yards out there...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful. Wonderful composition.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails