10.22.2014

keeping it simple

Holiday production is underway...
I have three gift shows I'm doing before the end of the year so its a little crazy around the studio...



























I've been busy creating with the vintage blue ticking I picked up last fall in Yakima...made a new slipcover for the living room ottoman, have some pillows underway...

The leftover scraps seemed perfectly paired with old french book pages...and of course, putting a bird on it makes any creation just right...








































I constructed these simple sachets...two squares of ticking topped with a square of french text and finished with an image of a vintage bird printed on vellum.  





I didn't see any need to finish the edges; the soft torn edge of the ticking adds to the casual nature...embellished with a pearl button and a linen string for hanging...stacked up in a pile, hung on a hook...or even displayed as an ornament on a tree...
















and the bonus part...
they are filled with lavender for a heavenly scent...
















































ah yes...let the holidays begin...the calming scent of lavender will keep the frenzy at a lull...






























Joining the Vintage Inspiration Party over at Knick of Time...
because who doesn't need an extra dose of inspiration!

13 comments:

  1. So lovely....better in person with the lavender scent!

    LOVE that last picture....just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The are gorgeous, Amy...and your photos are always a treat for the eyes! Hope you are having a beautiful fall...I can see it is a creative one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ways you showcase your work. You are one talented lady--but that's not news. Nice ideas and beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you have elevated simplicity to a beautiful art form, these are darling. I got your note and loved the art on the card! It is proudly displayed in my studio. Enjoy the craze of holiday crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those book pages on fabric scraps. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Amy, perfect in fact! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue ticking and the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy, what great inspiration you are as I had a bumper crop of lavender this year. Sachet away!!!! Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, these turned out great! Love your idea of using them as tree ornaments. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes the holiday rush!
    Your simple designs inspire.
    xo Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated Birthday, Amy!!! When I was younger, I enjoyed having a birthday party. Now I prefer to have a quiet birthday, so I understand that you enjoyed your day without a big celebration.
    The lavender sachets are gorgeous. I love the ticking fabrick and the bird images. Your vignette is so beautiful. I also adore the one with the scissors.
    Your new dining table turned out great. We plan to build one too but haven't decided on the final design yet. OMG and WOW, your suitcase collection is just amazing!!!
    Wishing you a wonderful and creative week!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are wonderful, amy!
    good luck and much success with you end of year gift shows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are very sweet Amy. I have lavender I bought in bulk awhile back but haven't made any sachets yet. I hope to before the lavender loses it's scent, ha!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails