10.28.2014

in the moment

Last week I spent a couple of days at my sister's home...one last trip before the snow flies which makes travelling over the mountain pass less desirable...

Even though I have a million and one things to do, it was good to take a moment...
to ponder...to observe...to consider...to contemplate...

The drive is just about three hours...and after spending the first hour getting out of the mess of Seattle and all the surrounding suburbs, its a clear shot up and over the mountains and across the wheat fields and apple orchards...turning on the radio, there isn't great reception...just one country & western station...rather than turning it off, I left it on...one of the recent exercises in bestill52 is about changing up your routine...and though it was in reference to photography subjects, I thought this idea had merit in other ways as well...

I love the little things that my sister picks up for me...one perfect feather...a dried flower pod...
old photographs...vintage hair clips...instant inspiration...







































Throughout my visit...lots of eye candy photo ops...
just the simplest of compositions...changing up my routine a bit...







































Once home, the two little bottles I picked up...with the feather and dried flower bud...
and a few more of those precious old photos...







































Joining the group over at kim klassen's Texture Tuesday...
all of my photos were edited with kk texture - tuesday...

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always love the last image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely all- those old photos are great! Wonderful collection and arrangement of these found objects. I love the bucket of dried flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created such fabulous vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love that final image - that quote is perfect for that image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Lovely images. Glad you got a good visit with your sister. I should have passed you on the mountain pass as I should have gotten over to Seattle to see my Mom. Not going to happen this year now....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you did find some wonderful treasures! And how nice that your sister collects some for you, too. I love your creative use of these sweet little props.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely of your sister to find treasures for you ! Love your photos, especially the bucket of dried grasses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm missing out on something - where are folks getting the textures they add to their images?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that quote by Louise May Alcott - a new one to me. I'll add to my collection . So perfect for your photo of the little treasures. Love your pictures always, but truly love the relationship between sisters where one collects for the other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun to have a sister who knows you so well - a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! My favourite is the second one - I love that pop of red.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful vignettes and pictures, Amy. Your sister knows what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds and how nice to have a sister that is always thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the image with the red bucket! How great that your sister collects all those little treasures for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy, I love all this stuff! And what you do with it all. You are eclectic yet adhesive. Clumsily worded, I know, but I hope you get my drift.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Using the vintage hair clips as photo holders is genius! Love all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your sister is a jewel, isn't she. I'm glad you got over to visit and that she had some collectibles for you! You've put them in some great photos. I love reading your posts as well as seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We discover when we change our routine. :-) Glad you got to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Amy, beautifully said and shared in your photos. You are blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with your sister. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting...appreciate your comments...I love hearing whatever you have to say...even if its just to let me know you stopped by...and I want to respond to every comment...but if you have "noreply-comment" as your email, I can't respond...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails